Last night was a success. A lot of "ah hah" moments for the students.
Even one or two for me. This is the first time that I have used a digital for night work.
I was just playing, well, more than playing.... I was doing a test to see whether digital would be workable for the type of work I do.
Results are mixed at this time. I used the camera on a tripod just like I would do normally.
So no great difference there. Except for the weight. Much lighter than my usual RB or view camera. This is even lighter than my old F1.
My shoulders do not hurt this morning from carrying a lot of scrap iron
(expensive scrap iron) around half the night.
The results seemed a bit lower contrast than I am used to with film. I obviously need to tweak the system. The problem is correctable in my processing but I would like to see it better exposed in the camera. In film it would not be an exposure problem, it would be change in the development time or dilution or both. However, since there is no film it would seem that the solution is hiding in the contrast parameters in the camera. More experiments are needed.
The students all enjoyed the outing and learned a lot.
They have all signed up for the landscape class that I am teaching in July, so I must have done something right.